Friday, December 30, 2011

Cross Adventura Fountain Pen Review


My new Christmas Present!






The sleek body and form of a modern pen 
For Christmas this year I recieved a lovely looking pen from my wife. The Cross Adventura Fountain Pen <M>.

It is surprisingly light body can easily be forgotten that you have a fine writing utensil in your hands.

This pen comes in black and dark blue with chrome accents.








Cross logo engraved on the pens clip
This pen comes equiped with a single small black (international?) cartridge, like a stub compared to most others I've seen. There are no converters available for this pen.


This clip is not too tight and can slip into your shirts to tote around, I've not had any problem of the pen falling off too.







A nice looking pen
Posted has great ballance and light too.

The pen posts nicely and has a good smooth feel when it slides on the pen. Posting needs a little bit of pressure to keep from flying off the pen when you are writing though.



A nice looking nib. slightly bent at the tip Medium
 The Nib is  fantastically smooth, writing is a breeze and so far the ink dry's fast and does not feather on cheep or higher quality paper.
The pen will look great in you shirt pocket and while you are writing.

Overall for a decent pen of less than 50 bucks this sure is a nice gift for any man.
Cross logo engraved in the end of the cap

4 comments:

  1. I bought one of these last July and it is quite an enjoyable pen. You can get a converter to fit these. The green ones you buy on Amazon, etc. advertise "Aventura" right on the back of the card. I just tried one in my Aventura and it didn't want to fit at first, but when I removed the spring that sits in the end of the barrel, it fits perfectly fine. I have no idea why that spring is even there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThirdeYe,

    Hey I learned something new every day. I'm glad you told me, now I now what to get... thanks. I don't know why that spring is in there either, probably to keep people from putting a standard converter into their pen, which doesn't make sense anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many cross pens in different designs and I must say, using these pens makes me feel great. I hope many would recognize such great pens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to say that it has a different feel then other pens I own, I had lost it for about 3 months in a coat I didn't wear for a while but now that I found it I shall enjoy it's many uses again.

      Delete