Saturday, December 31, 2011

SHEAFFER 100 Fountain Pen Review

 Sheaffer 100 Fountain Pen.

The Sheaffer 100 is one of the great finds you happen to stumble across. Not knowing anything about Sheaffer I had a chance thanks to the recommendations of Brian Goulet.













The Sheaffer logo, a white dot, is clearly visible on the clip of this fountain pen. Out of all the pens I own this one you have to pry open to get the clip over your shirt pocket, It is so tight that I much rather take another pen with me than struggle to secure this to my shirt.







To my surprise, this pen is made very well. I like a good sturdy (all metal) pen that can withstand a beating. Its attractiveness is something that will keep me coming back time and time again.
The Sheaffer 100 comes in many different colors; Matt black,blue and gray. Matt black, blue red with brushed chrome. Brushed chrome all with your choice of Fine or Medium nib size.

The beautifully decorative nib is clear and easy to see, there is no flex on this nib. What you have to watch out for is the grip section, after a few minutes it will get slippery in your hands and the nib will move around when you don't want it to. If it was knurled gripped or something this pen would way better. 

 This pen for the money comes with a leatherette gift box, 2 cartridges, and a cartridge converter. This pen overall is cheaper than any Lamy safari pen you can own.  Its heavy design is great for some people that like a nice heft to write with. I've owned this pen for a few months now, and I am impressed by all this pen has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment